Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Don't Forget The Ones Who Helped You When You Hit Rock Bottom

 Shared from myLot.com ... by Gloria Faye Brown Bates 


Lately, I have had this wonderful feeling inside that something good is going to happen in our lives.

 





Have you ever experienced such? It has been some time since I have. This morning I got straight up from bed making it as I got up ... feeling amazing happiness in my Heart. I don't know what, when, where ... I do know whatever it is will be amazing, wonderful. Time will tell ... and it will be in the near future. This is what I feel. I have been dreaming for several days ... feeling inside as if my dream has come true ... seeing in my mind all that I see that fits with my dream ... taking deep sighs of happiness as if ... it's already happened! Our thoughts are important ... I read we become what we think about. I am a believer in these words. It's been a long time since I have focused on other than taking care of Skip to get him back on even keel. For the past several days I have my mind focused on what I want to happen now. I am going to make it happen. Not only for me ... I'm not a selfish person. When good things happen to me ... I make them happen for others who have been good to me, cared about me ... Skip, Camie our 9 year old Pup. Lord knows there are people who have lifted us when we hit rock bottom when Skip began experiencing strokes, heart problems, kidney failure and such serious issues. I had several medical things happen ... open heart surgery for one. All began 2016 ... we have come so far since. I hope the day comes when I make possible some of these people's dreams, at least give back. I truly believe Skip and I would have been homeless if no one had cared for us. I don't forget ... I have my book with a list of the people who have cared about us never asking anything in return. I don't forget. So now, while I can ... I am focusing on good things to happen, come true for us. I can imagine doing good things for others ... never letting them know I did it. Skip and I used to feel wonderful when we drove a tractor-trailer ... see homeless people, people down on their luck ... giving to them in a big way. We just cared so much. Giving feels wonderful ... having feels wonderful. When you give it comes back. We've learned how it feels to receive when others cared, and gave to us in these past six years. We know how it all feels now. Photo of Skip and me in 2019. Photo owned by Gloria Brown Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment