Friday, November 4, 2022

A Simple Little Act of Survival ... You Sure Can't Do It For The Other

A Simple Little Act of Survival ... You Sure Can't Do It For The Other

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates


NOVEMBER 4, 2022 10:23AM CST

Last night I got into a mood I rarely get in ... that is wanting to look at my photos. I always steer away from looking at photos. Why? Because my photos hold a lot of pain ... all my dearest loved ones almost are gone, including my only child. I'm careful looking at them to protect my Heart. I look mostly at photos of myself ... again ... I'm careful thinking about them. I am sure I'm not the only person who is like this. So many of us know what causes us pain, grief ... take steps to protect our Hearts. It has nothing to do with being pitied, or felt sorry for at all. It is simply a little act of survival ... that only we know well if we are ... that person. We all walk our different roads on our Life Journey ... some roads aren't all pleasant. I don't go back on those roads in my mind ... the only way I would is if I'm writing and my thoughts have to go there for a few moments. I go there ... feel enough, see enough to write in detail whatever I'm writing ... I leave quickly as possible. There's no need ever to dwell in the past ... we have to live in the present ... this moment. I focus on this moment ... today ... now. As young people we tend to get stuck in the past ... what hurt us as children, young people is still fresh in our minds. I remember the torment I used to feel ... thankfully I learned to put the past where it should be ... in the past. I would let it affect my present day as a young person ... gracious, I stayed unhappy until I learned that lesson ... I learned to ... let go, accept that things happen I couldn't change ... Life is that way with its twists, turns. I learned to go forward ... I read self-help books that made me aware of what I was doing. Growing up I never had an adult (rarely) tell me the things you do as an adult. I learned the hard way. Thankfully ... I learned. At my age now ... I see people who never learned the Life lessons I've learned. Gracious, it makes their older life miserable, and hard. I can't tell them anything, I don't try. I find if you do volunteer information people will not like you anymore and think you are self-righteous. They never know any better ... that you aren't like that at all. They never know you cared, didn't want them to feel the pain. We all have to walk our own roads ... we sure can't do it for the other. We can't protect others from the pain we can sometimes see ahead of them. Photo of me when younger with my Basset Hound, Gloria's Garraway. It makes me sad he is gone ... see how every photo could hold sad memories. I have to think of good, positive things such as how precious he was, his cute antics, the list goes on.

Shared from my writing site: myLot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment