Saturday, November 19, 2022

Remembering Tommy

 

Photo of my son, Tommy Mitchell Sidden holding his little son ...................



I am remembering my son, my only child, Tommy M Sidden . Tomorrow is his birthday.


As I remember him I will place his photos on my Facebook. 


Don't feel sad for me ... don't think I feel sad for myself. You all who know me know I am not like that. I am remembering the most special part of me that is gone forever.


If I cry silent tears it's okay ... tears flow from very real feelings. I dearly loved my son. We were close. I just miss him very much ... I mean I really just miss him.


It seems like yesterday I just saw him ... I can still hear his voice in my mind ... his happy, funny laugh. He spoke softly with such a pleasant voice.  When he laughed one laughed with him ... his eyes, face were like sunshine warming one's Heart.


He loved to pull pranks on his 'Ole Mom' ... sometimes we would begin laughing at something the other said ... then look at each other and begin laughing harder ... sometimes laughing over the silliest things.


My son ... I truly was proud of him. I knew one day I would get to tease him about being an 'Ole Son' ... that day didn't come ... it would be now I could tease him.


I see how much other women love theirs sons ... I loved mine the same. Sons love to pick on their mothers ... Tommy did me.


I could keep writing on and on about my son. I will stop now because I know where the pain is hidden inside myself ... I know how to not open the door to it. I feel the little warning signs to go easy ... there's no reason to go there.


Lately I have felt emotional with all the special things happening with Skip ... and knowing I had a beautiful child once too ... tomorrow is his birthday ... November 20th. 


Don't mind me, I am just remembering thinking how thankful I am to have known my precious son ... I am thankful to have Skip, Camie, and all of you who have cared about me, us. I am most grateful for even the tiniest of things. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ 


I am fortunate. I think I may cry just a little, not much ... but not where Skip can see me. My tears are filled with love for what I've lost ... for what I have. It's normal to feel this way sometimes... especially at holidays ... birthdays of our loved ones who are forever gone. 


So, if you feel sad know I care because we walk the same road. I am here if you ever need to reach out for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment