Wednesday, November 2, 2022

All I Need Are My Pink Tools!




NOVEMBER 2, 2022 3:36PM CST

This morning before daylight I took Skip's flashlight outside to our pickup truck. We had to leave early to go Holly Springs, NC. I needed to check the oil, check the antifreeze. Skip used to do this, when he got sick I began doing it. Skip always says that the fluids are the life of the motor, vehicle. You have to always make sure you keep them up. Our pickup truck is a 2003 model and we have an Expedition that is a 1997 model They both are older now ... they have rarely had any mechanical issues. I don't like to drive them far nor drive them in the very, very heavy traffic we have here now. The wear and tear, having to brake so often is hard on an older vehicle. We aren't in the position to replace them, so we take care of them. The positive is we have owned them for years, have no vehicle payments. That I am most thankful for. We will get up for the 3rd morning this week to be in Raleigh, NC for Skip's appointment for his right eye. He had the cataract surgery for that eye on October 4th ... there's blood in it now. He was seeing so well until that happened. Skip describes it like seeing spider veins in his eye or like oil in his eye blurring his vision. It hurts my Heart, he has been through so much with his whole body. I feel like we are on the cusp of many, many good ... happy things happening in our life. Skip is going to be alright. This evening after getting back to town I stopped at the tire shop, had the tires checked. Gracious, all the tires needed air to bring them up to 40 lbs in each. Thankfully, I did that. Too dangerous driving in the wild traffic when the tires aren't right. I am going to go out to the Expedition now ... raise the hood, step up onto my little footstool, check the fluid for the power steering system. I noticed the last time I drove it ... I heard a little 'squealy' sound. Someone suggested doing this. Time to go check it out! I think I'm becoming a mechanic! All I need are my pink tools!!!  

Shared from my writing site: myLot.com  by Gloria Faye Brown Bates.  Photo is of me, owned by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment