Thursday, November 3, 2022

I Wonder Who Put In My Head As A Little Girl To Be Beautiful As My Mother?

 I Wonder Who Put In My Head As A Little Girl To Be As Beautiful As My Mother?


Skip's favorite photo of me ... when I was trying to be beautiful like my mother. I look back ... I was too focused on trying to be beautiful 'just like my mom' ... so much time wasted ... priorities not in order. 

I Wonder Who Put In My Head To Be Beautiful As My Mother?

I did make it to being 'beautiful ' ... I lived in a world as a young woman where being 'beautiful' was everything. I loved looking in the mirror at 'ME'. Was I vain ... I must have been to do that ... I still had such a big Heart. Can a truly vain person have a big Heart, love, care about others? 

I like my photo ... I just wish I knew then ... what I knew now. I truly, really wish that. It seemed I was always distracted by all that was colorful, glittered, beautiful... thinking that was real life. Naive, naive, naive. 

I flew high in a rich, beautiful world full of lights, interesting people... my mother used to say, "Faye, don't fly so high you can't  fall".

I was one of those younger people who 'knew everything'. Oh my, when my rude awakening happened... I paid the price. There are consequences for everything.


I look back ... I have learned Life's lessons the hard way ... I became an even better person for it all, thankfully. I wonder who put in my head as a little girl to be as beautiful as my mother?

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates  ... 11-03-2022 Shared from my writing site: myLot.com. 



No comments:

Post a Comment