Wednesday, November 2, 2022

As A Writer You Are Supposed To Write About Things You Know Best

 

As A Writer You Are Supposed To Write About Things You Know Best

Gloria Faye Brown Bates
OCTOBER 31, 2022 6:42PM CST


This is shared from my writing site ... myLot.com 


Grief ... real life ... no sugar-coating. Happiness, sadness ... bittersweet ... Life hurts ... Life feels good. I write about grief, real life without sugar-coating in a positive way. When we write we are supposed to write about things we know best. When my only child died ... I promised my followers then I would write about grief ... how it really feels. I already wrote real life. My real life. You won't ever see me write to hurt another person. I tell my stories, I can't tell someone else's story. I say this to let anyone who reads ME know to never feel sorry, pity for me. I don't write to gain sympathy, I write because I have to write to live just as I have to create to live ... because I'm ME. I do all in a good, positive way though ... sometimes to tell my stories I share sadness, grief ... really how something felt. For you to know I have to describe ... as a writer I do that. There are good things in my life ... no matter how bad in my life gets I look for the positive. I write in detail just as I draw, paint in detail. Details are important to me ... details make all more real, important as they should be. Details are ... interesting. I don't write to just be writing. What I write is what I personally know, feel ... think, know best in my life. I've known many tragedies, deaths, abuse as a child, bullying as a child ... the list goes on. Today I am an older woman (don't ask my age ... even if you know ... I won't tell you ). I am a walking book ... truthfully, a very interesting book. Looking at me ... you can't judge this book by its cover. I don't look like I've been through Hell in my life ... in my childhood. I don't want to look like it. I am going to age gracefully. I am not letting negative make me into a mean, cold, hard, old, bitter woman. I am proud I didn't let the bad in my life dominate me. I meant to overcome ... keep sunshine in my life. The one time I almost didn't overcome was when I lost my son. Oh my. Time to time I will write about how it really felt, feels ... how a mother has to pretend everything is alright when yes, it's alright but, it's not ... but, it is. I prefer to be alright ... I am going to be alright ... I am alright. I am going to write about my thoughts ... some are funny, some aren't. Just know you never have to feel sorry, or pity for me. Some people have given me advice thinking I'm 'wallowing' in pity in the past I'm sure ... I have to set them straight ... I write this way. If you feel what I write ... as a writer I've done good. I don't know ... I don't think anyone remembers me writing here some years ago. I see people I remember, and liked. They used to know my style of writing. So ... now, no one seems to know, remember me ... I let you know upfront how I write. I write real life ... simple as that. That's what I know best ... my life. I look forward to meeting you, making friends, reading your stories, communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment