Sunday, November 12, 2023

I Am Crafty, But ... Not Sly

I have been making lanterns, gypsy wagons with cardboard. I put fairy lights in each lantern. When I make anything that Skip loves ... that piece becomes his. I am always honored when he loves my art work.


I painted our 2023 Christmas cards. I used tissue tubes, cardstock to paint Christmas things on. I made Christmas tags to go on presents ... drawing, painting, cutting them.


I made little gnome ornaments with embroidery threads, cardboard ... the hats were fun to make. I was amazed at how pretty they turned out.


Through time I have made dolls with coffee filters ... flowers. I am thinking about doing them again. All comes from my imagination. I have also, drawn, painted pictures on coffee filters.


I work on different things until I become tired of doing the same thing. That's when I switch to something else.


I enjoyed cutting soda cans up ... creating a tractor-trailer, lantern, a chicken, dolls, flowers.


I have made jewelry with beads, wire ... bracelets, necklaces, rings. I made bracelets with wire, threads, pretty fabrics too. I made paper beads. Now ... I want to try paper bracelets ,  rings.































































































Drawing, painting, cutting out what I've painted .... arranging, 'building' all to make something pretty is fun for me. 


I never know what I will make ... nor do I ever know I am finished with a project until I get that feeling. I make paper dolls, design their clothes ... just whatever I feel.


I tried my hand at making bookmarkers ... some that are magnetic as well as not. I put colorful, pretty tassels on them.


I have been making Christmas wreaths with cardboard ... drawing, painting, cutting leaves, flowers, angels, etc. ... then putting all together. Some wreaths aren't just for Christmas.


I also, love to write. I write so, I can live. Writing is my release from pain, grief, all that stresses ME ... like a boiling teapot on a stove ... it begins whistling, letting off steam ... otherwise pressure begins to build. Writing is my whistle ... my steam.



I do all imperfectly... but ... perfect enough for ME. I call my art work ... Imperfect Doodles by Gloria Faye Brown Bates.  


When I say 'imperfect' ... I say it in a good way. I am just not a professional  ... that let's everyone know I don't try to be what I am not. I do things my way ... Gloria's Way. 🙃🙂🙂❤❤❤❤❤


Photos are of my imperfect art work, owned by ME. All my creations became Christmas presents 🙂🙃🙂❤❤❤❤❤





No comments:

Post a Comment