Saturday, October 6, 2018

I'll Be Back In The Minute ... Or Will I?

I'll Be Back In The Minute ... Or Will I?






I have been thinking this morning about how we take for granted we go somewhere, be back in the minute.
Our loved ones leave and say they'll be back in the minute. We don't always come back in the minute ... we don't always come back at all.
We have no way of knowing we will begin another journey our families can't go on ... a forever journey.
We don't always get to say goodbye ... we leave only your memories of us and many tears.
You can pick up the worldly possessions we left behind ... hold them close to your heart, weep.
You can call our names, beg us to come back.
Weep, grieve, beat your heads against the wall ... nothing will ever change the fact ... we are gone, we can't come back.
Quieten your cries ... your heart so ... you can feel the invisible hugs, kisses on your cheek. We are there ... you grieve so much you don't feel us by your side.
Feel the gentle breeze on your skin? Did a leaf fall on your nose of all places? Did you find rice in your shoe? Who would do that but ... me. I grin when you look up ... realize ...
I'm by your side. You don't hear me, see me ... I didn't want to leave you ... where else would I go other than your side? I loved you most in the world.
I'll be there forever ... watching over you until one day ... you leave on your forever journey to ... join me.


Written, owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee. Photo is also, owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

No comments:

Post a Comment