Monday, October 22, 2018

Our Life Coming To An End Here ... We Have To Move So Owner Can Get House Ready ... He Wants To Sell House Before Holidays ... Happy, Sad, Scary Feelings That I Never Get Used To All At One Time ... Gracious.



Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee ... October 2018





Our Life Coming To An End Here ... We Have To Move So Owner Can Get House Ready ... He Wants To Sell House Before Holidays ... Happy, Sad, Scary Feelings That I Never Get Used To All At One Time ... Gracious.


I put on a shirt I've had 'in back' of my closet for years ... it still had a price tag on it. I can wear it now!
I am finally getting the nerve up to try on some clothes I have kept through time even before Tommy died ... also, I have some clothes Tommy bought for me through time that grew too small because I grew too big ... I can wear them now  When Tommy died ... it didn't matter anyway. Clothes didn't mean anything to me then ... very little else did either ... I was in a dark world where I couldn't see anything but know the loss of my only child.
In fact, some are 'too big' ... isn't that wonderful?!!!  I have one of Tommy's trucking jackets I love to wear ... this winter, it's too big!!!
Guess what? I pure treasure, love my son's jacket ... no matter how big it gets, I will wear it. I remember at one time a couple of years ago I was afraid I'd gain 'too much' weight to continue wearing it.
I find at this stage in my Life that Life has a way of being happy, sad, scary all at the same time. I should be used to it, I never have grown used to those 3 feelings all at once ... all these years. Now ... for the past 2 weeks, I've felt panicky ... sick to my Heart, afraid ... and happy because of weight loss to go with the sadness in my Heart.
We are facing having to move without money, Skip has been deathly sick especially in the past 2 years and is/will continue getting medical attention. What in the world can I do to help us?Already, at this time of year, it has begun to get very cold ... that's scary. It was 32 degrees this morning.
We don't know how to handle this yet. I am talking Skip into letting me set up a GoFundMe to help us with finding a home that we can continue to pay rent on in the future ... preferably a used travel trailer we don't have to move out of later ... when we don't have any help ... very cheap rent (I'm afraid it's impossible here now with so many people moving in every day). So far, he tells me to not do it ... something good will happen for us.
We don't have much time ... the owner wants to sell the home now before the holidays ... there is a lot of work to do to make to make a house sellable. The holidays are here in just a few weeks.
This is October 22, 2018 ... Thanksgiving is very soon. That begins the holidays ... I have begun to panic. Why?
I have no family who could even begin to help us ... they are gone ... I sit here and think ... they have all died. See ... this is what happens when a person loses all their family and becomes older ... I tell younger people to build a support system now ... they'll never know like I didn't ... your family could be gone tomorrow. Even to their children ... my only child, Tommy ... isn't here to help us ... and he would have just as we would have him. He died unexpectedly with 3 blockages to his heart and collapsed, died. So what do I do?
I've checked resources here in this county ... do you know ... there's nothing for us without a long waiting list ... and we'd have to give up our 3 dogs ... two who have been rescued by us.
We can't do that to our dogs ... we can't take their life away from them when they know security, protection, love, care, good food since being rescued, no more than giving up little children who have come to love, depend on you ... trust you.
We would live in our 2 vehicles and little utility shed with our dogs if we had to ... we'd hope someone would let us live somewhere. I've been through so much ... homeless isn't one of them ... but, I'd do my best to do it with grace, cleanliness, and being protective of Skip and our Pups if we had to. I would do my very best to live homeless if I had to.
Sometimes ... everything runs out for people and they have no one, no place to turn ... you can only do the very best you know how and can do. If not ... what is left? I don't want to die now when I've just started living having coped with the loss of Tommy, my son.
We understand very well the owner's situation, we know the owner. We are friends with him. In fact ... with no family left I've grown to love him 'like family'. I don't think he would do this to us at this time of year all of a sudden unless it was having to do so. So you see ... there's no bitterness, no anger or hard feelings against the owner, our friend. I hope no one will make any negative comments at all about the owner.
He has been very good to us ... we have been very good back to him doing, going for him to take care of paperwork, business, so-on. We have taken care of his cleaning house, other things for him, mow grass ... and watched his property for him while being away. This has been both night and day ... we have always been there for him. We have been his property caretakers.
Many things too numerous to mention we do ... and I'm not trying to win Brownie points. We have done things people who are real friends do for the other ... always jumping to do for them, never questioning ... just glad to do things for the owner. We do that because we want to. He was there for us if we needed him.
I understand that it is embarrassing to go public, create a fund to raise money to help us move (deposits, utilities, gas to look for places, the lists go on) ... truthfully, we are that close to being homeless. Gracious ... where does a person turn? This is the only way I would know to ask for help, something I rarely ever-ever ask anyone for. Everyone who knows me ... know 'if I ever ask for help' ... Gloria is desperate. I am at this moment just before being desperate ... especially when Skip is asked if he has found a place yet ... if he is looking and such. I become completely sick at Heart.
I've found out that people in offices where I thought I could go to, get answers, help... can look you straight in the face ... never blink an eye and tell you ... "I have nothing for you". No heart, no emotion, no caring in their eyes ... on their face. All I could say was ... "thank you", and leave. I understand they all have a job to do ... I've worked in an office with the public. I also, understand showing compassion, caring can make people feel better. Just act like you care even if you don't. I left just as nice as I was when I arrived.
Skip is older now, has medical conditions ... I won't mention mine because I never think about them if possible. Skip's medical conditions are more important to me ... and our Pups3. Even if I don't think about it, want to admit it ... we have gotten older ... we are senior citizens now ... is that amazing or what? That's why I have to be strong for us ... I have to put how I feel physically aside and be very, very strong. I will, can do it.
I am writing about all this ... why? Because I may have to go public in asking for financial help to find a place for us to live ... I am also, hoping for advice if someone knows something I don't know ... and I exhausted that 2 years ago when I almost lost Skip to stroke, heart conditions. That's when I discovered you can read one thing online showing resources for older people ... go to places offering them ... they aren't there. And today ... oh my ... look at the people young, old who need help now from all these disasters ... it breaks my Heart.
I will say what I hope can possibly happen ... and if it doesn't ... we will and have to take one day at a time ... even if it means to move into our vehicles and do the best we can.
I hope I could somehow, some way raise enough money to purchase a used travel trailer in good condition for us, our Pups3 ... I would always have a roof over our heads ... we wouldn't have to move out of 'home' again. I could move it anytime if we needed to move somewhere. We have a limited income and I could pay monthly utilities, buy food for us, Pups3 ... gas for appointments, etc.
This is what's on my mind this morning. I'm thinking of what I can do to help our situation because in just a few weeks the holidays will be here ... the weather has already begun to get very cold.
I don't want us to end up with no place to go ... the embarrassment of saying we can't find a place that's affordable for us to live ... we would leave quietly if asked to go ahead to leave here and live in our 2 vehicles.
While I can ... I am going to create a GoFundMe or Facebook FundMe in the near future ... and everyone can see why I would need it for us.
Just know this, if I had any other choice ... I wouldn't do this at all. I'm just before desperate ... and I am asking for help to purchase a used travel trailer in good condition so we can have walls, roof around us.
Also, I don't want anyone to say anything negative toward the homeowner. We all have to do what we have to do. Life is like this ... I understand it very well. I have been through many battles in Life ... this is going to be another one just as important as any I've been through. We are older now ... who knows the years we have left? I am going to try to do the best I can to help us, our Pups3. Thank all of you and if you know something to help, let me know.  Gloria Faye Brown Bates  


Note by this Author:  Life is like this sometimes ... it's called real life.  You see a person doing with only what they have and the best they know how.  That's a real person ... life is sometimes too real, scary, happy, sad.  Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee



No comments:

Post a Comment