Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Pure Comfort ...




6:30 am ...


I have been up for an hour. My teeth are brushed, hair combed, face washed ... after Skip gets his bath I will shower. Skip Bates Skip and  Precious Camo Kissy Fairchild Camie are still sleeping.


You know where I am sitting  ... cross-legged under my warm cover on the bed touching both Skip, Camie. Comforting.


The word 'comforting' brings coffee to my mind. I'm not a big coffee drinker but, you would think I am because of the importance I place upon coffee in my own life. 


Coffee in my life has always appeared at those bad times in my life when I needed something to hold onto, something to ground me while trying to recover from shock ... find some normalcy when something out of the ordinary happens.


I find that when a hot cup of coffee is placed into my hands ... my hands seek out the warmth from it as long as possible ... trying to hold on to it as long as I can. 


No matter how bad something is ... coffee with its warmth comforts me ... I close my eyes, sip the warm liquid, letting it warm ME up inside as I drink it ... I keep my eyes closed as I draw all the comfort I can get from that one sip of coffee. I try not to drink it too fast because ... there are a lot of sips with a lot of comfort.


Silly? Yes, it may be silly when I talk about it ... but, when something happens and coffee is there to comfort ... it's dead-serious ... no silliness about it.


Coffee is the next thing to having someone to hold you, tell you everything is going to be alright. Think about it for a moment ... a lot of you can really get bent out of shape not getting your coffee in the morning. 


Coffee doesn't affect me that way ... I can go on until when the next cup of coffee is there. I think because of the way I view coffee. Now ... I would dearly wish for a hot cup of coffee in a very tense, upsetting situation ... see ... that's where what I am looking for comes in ... comfort.


I will tell you another thing you might call silly. If I didn't have any food, had to choose only something to drink ... I would choose coffee. It kills hunger pangs and ... gives comfort.


Well ... there's simply no telling what will come to my mind when I sit down to write. Who would have thought I'd go into detail 'why I treasure ... coffee'? I want to always have it on hand ... always. 


In my life when I have those moments I am very alone ... coffee is my friend comforting me with a warm hug letting me know it's painful now, but ... all will get better.


Example ... all the times Skip has been deathly sick through time not knowing he was in the world ... those times were so quiet, no one to talk to, no one to really care because the people who really loved me are dead, gone. Coffee was always there ... it meant the world to me. 


My favorite coffee is ... Folger's. It doesn't matter if it's regular or decaffeinated... I don't notice the difference. Comfort in a red cannister that weighs very little ... oh my, look at how much comfort one cannister can bring.


I am smiling here realizing you may be smirking, smiling thinking I may be a little crazy here talking about coffee in detail. I just ... may be a little crazy ðŸĪŠ 🙂🙃🙂😂❤❤ but ...... this is how ... I ... feel about coffee.


I think I will go turn the coffee pot on now 🙂🙃ðŸĨ°ðŸ™ƒðŸ™‚☺😄❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment