I have been up for a while, now ... sitting on my bed waiting for Skip to wake up. Once he wakes up the day begins ...
Bath time ... dressing ... brush teeth ... walk into the living room to his electric recliner, turn his lamp on, tablet, tv on to In The Heat Of The Night ...
I put coffee on, get his 3 thermal cups ready for ice water ... iced drink ... hot coffee. Skip is never without liquids to drink.
I make breakfast for him and Mr. Kissy Fairchild, myself ... wash dishes, make beds, vacuum, mop ... sweep, do laundry, make snacks, supper ... so many little things that I won't take time to name.
Everything is done with Skip in mind. I watch, monitor to know how he is feeling, what he wants, needs.
I can't believe ... the sun is shining this morning! You know that makes ME smile. I have waited several days wishing to see sunshine. 🌞
I am motivated, inspired on sunny days. On gloomy days I am a victim of SAD ...seasonal affective disorder. I try not to be ... unfortunately I am affected.
I turn on twinkling lights, aquarium lamp, little fairy lights to push the gloomy away ... it helps my mood only ... I'm not inspired, motivated to do things, create.
I force myself. I have to be super-happy to be animated, truly active on a cloudy day.
I keep check on making sure the sun is shining ... I look around for the familiar splashes of sunshine in the house ...
I can physically feel inside the positive affect sunshine has on ME. Sunlight is golden, beautiful, wonderful.
I have to say through time I am more tolerant of gloomy days ... Skip made that happen over the years. He loves cloudy days, stormy weather.
I have been noticing how the sun shines now ... it is different now ... it's Fall time. One can feel the days getting shorter.
You wouldn't believe Fall is my most favorite time of the year ... less daylight ... sunshine, but, it is.
One wants to get cozy with a soft blanket, drink hot chocolate, coffee. I think we all experience that feeling at this time of year.Do you?
I feel Mr. Kissy snuggled to my side at this moment ... he can do that and I'm not aware 🙂🙃🙂 I find myself leaning into him as I write.
Our dogs, pets are so much a part of us ...they can move, snuggle without us being conscious of it every time. We just become aware like I just did.
Skip shows no signs of waking up 😊 If I spoke he would instantly wake up. He is a light sleeper. I am, too ... unless I stay awake many hours.
Sometime ago, I bought Skip an alert band like a watch band ... he wears it all the time.
If I am in another room he can press the red button letting Me know he needs Me.
Two little plug-in devices came with it. I have one at each end of the house so, when he presses his alert band ... loud chiming fills the air.
Pleasant sounding, not at all irritating. I know to go immediately to him.
I love this way of alerting ME ... I recommend this to anyone who is a caregiver. The chiming makes ME smile.
Not only that, Skip has an alert necklace to summon for outside help to get emergency services to him.
Skip just woke up enough to ask ... "what do you want for breakfast?" He fell back to sleep ... but, I know he'll be fully awake soon. Then ...
The day begins 😊☺️🙂🙃😄💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛 ... and it looks like this day has lots of sunshine to look forward to!
Happy ❤️ day, happy colors, sunshine to fill your today!



No comments:
Post a Comment