Saturday, November 7, 2015

I Stood in Front of a Living, Warm Fireplace ... Today

I Stood in Front of a Living, Warm Fireplace ... Today
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter
























Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee
(In this photo I have a broken left kneecap
and a spiral fracture in my fibula from
accident on 10-03-2015) ............................




Have you ever walked into a place
Full of strangers ... see, sense the kind of people they are
Wish ... wish with your Heart they were part of your life?

You feel the love, compassion, kindness radiate out
Like the the warmth from a happy, crackling fire
Burning in a fireplace ... oh, how comforting to feel such

It's like coming in from the freezing cold
Warming the chill away standing near the cheerful flames
Closing your eyes, feeling ... really feeling the warmth

Listening, talking, sharing happy words
With a family ... wishing you'd had such a wonderful family
Close-knit, security of knowing you are loved

Today ... I saw such ... got to stand in front of the fireplace
So comforting, loving ... warm
Wishing I never had to walk away, wishing they could stay in my life

Complete strangers ... who made me feel a part of them
If all the world was like this ... there would be no ugliness
Only peace ... love ... the world would never be at war

Mother, father, daughter ... two sons all hugged us
We hugged them back as we got ready to go
Smiling ... happiness in my Heart for having met them

We should all be like this but, reality is that we are not
How many times do you meet a stranger ... wish them to stay in your life?
No matter that you can't visit if you live afar

Keep in touch to say hello, be friends for life
Happy to know you aren't the only one to feel that way
Special ... I stood in front of a living, warm fireplace today




Note by this Author:

Today such happened to Skip and I.  We felt a bond with a family we just met ... felt so at ease with each one.  I felt such love toward them ... felt myself wish they'd stay in my life.  Why?  I can't explain it ... it was something I felt deep in my soul.  Have you ever met a family you wished was a part of yours?

Photos/true poem both owned, written by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.  Photo of Christmas tree, fireplace is ours from last year.  I created the fireplace!

Dedicated to the special family we met today ... we felt like we have always known all of you.  We could have talked ... forever.


1 comment:

  1. That has never happened to me personally but I have heard of things like that happening. I am glad you got to meet such nice people/family. We never know how we are going to feel about people when we meet them. I am glad you had such a good feeling about this family. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete