Saturday, December 22, 2018

I Took Off My Rosy Glasses in 2001 ...




Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/aka GG ... 2018




Sometimes ... I feel like saying what I really think about things happening in this world (this is the most private layer of Me).
I don't because I don't feel like arguing, pursuing it .. it isn't worth my time, breath and it sure won't change a thing if I do.
I'll leave it to everyone else who has plenty of breath, time and fire to hash it out. 
If I were younger I would do it probably because of not knowing better ... thank God, I'm a little older now. 
I'll just sit back and watch the fireworks. I don't enjoy because so many people are/will be hurting. Sometimes, whether we like it or not ... Life can be so sad ... scary all at the same time.
We are living in a scary time when all the things we took for granted ... can be gone in a flash.
I noticed something I do now that I've never done in my life ... that shows I won't take anything for granted ever again ... when the alarm goes off on tv as they do the monthly testing ...
I look up, listen ... why? Because our world here isn't as safe as we've taken for granted it is. I know a voice could say to take cover ... something bad is happening.
I think my eyes were opened, and mind ... while in the deepest grief just learning my mother died and on the way to picking up her ashes ... now, you know if something penetrates deep, raw grief ... it's something to always remember.
On September 11th, 2001 ... I was standing in the living room, eyes blinded by tears as I was watching television but, not seeing it. My mother was dead and I was in the most awful state of mind.
I became aware that the airplane wasn't in a movie that hit the twin towers ... somehow I became aware that ... OMG, it was real.
This was the beginning of my eyes opening to see the world I thought was safe ... the world through my rosy glasses.
I took those glasses off and never put them back on again. I wished to put them back on ... but, I couldn't.
It was time to face real Life as if I hadn't already faced it a million times in my Life. This was new.
I notice today ... just like me ... people are nervous, worried, even afraid. People are afraid now to speak about certain things ... friends, family ... strangers will turn against them ... even kill them ... yes, we've seen that too.
Separation of families who were once close ... friendships that lasted through so much through years ... gone now. Family members ... hate ... really hate the other.
I don't discuss these things with anyone ... I won't discuss them now with anyone. I am just making an observation that disturbs me greatly. Why?
I love Families ... I've learned in Life how important it is to have family. I love the sounds of a family ... I want the Family to survive all battles it faces.
I don't have mine and I want everyone else to, especially younger people to grow up with strong family ties ... strong family support so that they one day ... won't end up alone.
Tell young people to grow deep roots with family, friends ... roots that can't be casually pulled up by Life storms. Stubborn roots like weeds that grow everywhere ... keep coming back.
That's the kind of roots people once had with their families, friends ... today it's all being destroyed. Isn't anyone seeing this but, me? Don't answer that to me ... just look around and listen, sense. Open your eyes, mind.
There are too many wars in this world ... I don't choose to war with anyone, anything. If I ever choose to, I will win it. That's because it will be a death to the end sort of thing. It just isn't worth it to me.
I'll just stay quiet, private, smile at everyone as they destroy the people they love. Nothing I can say will stop them ... the role models in our world has changed so drastically ... children are growing up to be very different today. We reap what we sow.
I can only reflect my little light with love, caring, compassion. I'm thankful I'm not alone in this world of ours ... I see others reflecting their little lights, also.
So ... I'm thinking lots of little lights equal great-big light ... unity. I think it's greater than all the darkness in the world. I think light can, will win.
I believe in good and I think good ... can and will ... win in this mean, old world. Sometimes though ... I lose hope only to find it again ... over and over. We can't give up.
If anyone comments here ... it has to be in a positive way, good way. People listen when you speak quietly, softly. They can't hear if one is screaming, talking over the other.
I am speaking in my quiet, soft way. I wonder if anyone heard?
Written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/aka GG.
Photo owned by Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment