Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I Met My Granddaughter December 2018 ...


December 08, 2018 ... was a big day for Skip and I.  We got to meet Tommy's daughter for the first time since she was a little girl ... she is now 18.

I can't believe she looked for me or knew who I was or where I was.  I should have known she'd be a lot like Tommy and I ... if we want to find something we could.  I'm honored.

I was faced with a dilemma ... I didn't know how to act.  I don't know how to be a grandmother.  It's okay now ... because all I have to do is act like Me.  She loves having unconventional grandmothers ... now, she has two.

Photos below are of her, Tommy (my son, her father) and me.  I keep looking hoping to find they resemble me in some way.  Tommy's gone and my granddaughter and grandson are the very closest kin I have ... amazing ... we share the same blood.  She is my closest kin living (and my grandson).

Everyone hopes to find something of themselves in the people related closest to them ... I want that very much.  I think I see resemblance ... but, I may be hoping so much to.

The photos of her are with Tommy sitting on keyboard, and one alone on the keyboard.  I am putting photos here of me ... to have a place to look, compare how much my son, granddaughter favors me.

If you want to comment I would love to know what your eyes see.  It would mean a lot to me.  I placed my granddaughter's and son's photos all through so you can compare.


Written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee for Taban/aka GG for McKenzie). All photos are owned by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates.















No comments:

Post a Comment