Thursday, April 16, 2020

We Have To Be Normal In Our Own Little Worlds ...




NOTE: I copied/pasted what I wrote this morning on MyLot.com where I write daily to share here on my Blog. Story/Photo owned by ME,
Gloria Faye Brown Bates.



APRIL 16, 2020 9:13AM EST


I am looking outside at the beautiful day ... sun shining brightly, a slight breeze. Nice!

I have a project in mind to do with old bricks I have outside in a pile. I really hope it all turns out like in my mind. If so, I'll take a photo to share.

Our Kissy had surgery on his right back leg several years ago. Sometimes ... when he gets up I can tell he feels it now. He is getting older even if he still acts like a puppy.

We have steps he has to go down and back up when he goes out on the little porch ... it takes him out into the fenced-in yard. It hurts his back legs ... they hit the ground a little too hard. I don't like that. Over time it could cause him problems.

So, I'm going to build up with bricks to make it easier for him. I know I have to do in a tight, secure way. I'm thinking I may have to get some cement in a bag.

Do you have projects you have in mind to do during this time? I also, want to keep my promise on painting a big rock that is the headstone for our friend's dog that died. I have her name on it ... now, I want to paint a heart with a sunflower. I'll also, take photos when I accomplish that.

I want to begin rearranging the house again. I have a lot to do ... I just needed to feel better from all of this to feel motivated. I have felt so much more myself for the past week.

I think like everyone ... we've all been in a shock, stunned by how our world has changed ... all that has been, is happening.

It's time to be normal again at home in our own little world even if we can't be when out from home. For a time my Heart just wasn't in doing anything more than keeping all just neat enough so it wouldn't drive me crazy.

Now ... it's time. It's time to act as if all is normal at home where it is normal. That way when all is alright again ... we will be ready to enjoy living outside the home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment