Friday, April 24, 2020

Appreciating The Smallest of Things



NOTE: I am sharing what I wrote on MyLot.com today. Photo, this are owned by ME, Gloria Faye Brown Bates.




APRIL 24, 2020 8:30PM EST



Businesses like beauty salons, barbershops, tattoo parlors, restaurants, bowling alleys, and other non-essential businesses opened up today in different states.

I was wondering how safe that is going to be. I would like to get my hair trimmed but, I'm not going to risk it. Besides ... nothing will open up before May 8th here. I'm not sure anything will get to as long as the cases of coronavirus keep rising.

Just 2-3 miles from here 3 more deaths occurred at the nursing home today ... totaling 14 deaths there in the past week or so ... and there are many cases of coronavirus there.

It's so sad ... the nursing home is locked down. No family members can go inside at all to visit there. They are worried about their loved ones. It's just a bad situation. Some people do go there and visit at the windows ... with the glass between them.

Gracious ... I feel very sad for all of them. I keep the images of them in my mind ... the family stands on the outside of the window and their loved one on the other side ... everyone has tears in their eyes. I know those people need to be hugged.

By the time all this is over ... being hugged again will be so treasured. I miss hugging, comforting people.

We are all learning to appreciate even the smallest of things. I have already been appreciating the smallest things ... now through this pandemic ... I'm learning to appreciate even more thing.

What do you miss doing, what do you appreciate so much more?

No comments:

Post a Comment