Monday, April 13, 2020

'Calm Before The Storm' ... We Are Experiencing Tornado Weather At This Moment









This is my story I wrote on MyLot.com this morning. We have really bad weather until 4 pm this evening. I copied/pasted it here to share on my blog. Gloria Faye Brown Bates


APRIL 13, 2020 8:09AM
The storms that are moving across the states are here now. Tornadoes are happening all over, the storms are causing trees to fall ... the winds gusts are rocking the trees around us. Electric power is out so far for 240,000 people in NC.

I love to watch the trees blowing in the winds but, not when we could have a tornado at any time. I love the wind.

My Heart hurts for all the tornado damage in Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia ... some people lost their lives. Gracious. We all are experiencing so much as it is and now ... the storms taking lives. I'm so, so sorry for the extra grief people are suffering.

I have our bag packed with some essential things, plus medicine ready to grab with my purse on the way out the door. The Pups2 leashes are beside it. If need to be and possible ... we will leave if we have to. One needs to be prepared in this kind of weather.

We are fully dressed. Normally ... we have clothes on to lounge around in at home during the day when not going anywhere. Of course ... we can't go just anywhere anymore because of the coronavirus pandemic.

For the moment the winds have calmed down. I can't help but, to think of ... 'the calm before the storm'. I don't think so ... I hope not

We will be alert ... this is an all-day event. My Heart breaks for all affected everywhere yesterday and this morning by these powerful storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment