Sunday, April 19, 2020

It Means The World ...





NOTE:

Copied/pasted ... what I wrote this morning on MyLot.com. Photo/story owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates. I like to share what I wrote there ... here, on my Blog.


APRIL 19, 2020 9:31AM EST


Yesterday both Skip and I and our Pups2 were in the living room watching tv. We all fell asleep ... something we are doing a lot of lately.

I woke up to the sound of a horn. I looked outside as I went to the door. It was our neighbor... and friend, who lives close by. She told me to come out, she had something for me.

I went out to her car and she handed me a bag, told me her brother was a chef and he'd cooked brisket. They gave us plates with brisket, macaroni & cheese, green beans, and cabbage with carrots. And ... a strawberry shortcake.

Skip and I felt so honored. We have caring friends around us and for that we are most grateful for. It feels so good ... comforting to ... have someone. We love them all. When I say 'love' ... I mean for-real ... Love.

I took photos of our plates before we sat down to eat. Skip and I felt so special. We were thought of and didn't know it. These are the Friends we have all around us. It means the world to us.



No comments:

Post a Comment