Tuesday, April 21, 2020

We Smile At Each Other Behind Our Masks ... Air Hug



NOTE: I am sharing this from what I wrote on MyLot.com this morning. This, and photo are owned by ME, Gloria Faye Brown Bates.


I've been listening to the news at noon. I saw where drones may be used and I think are being used ... to spy on people. They don't call it spying but, that's what I call it.

I have read in the past that they can be flown to peer into windows of a home if needed to. I don't know how true that is.

They say it's to see if people are complying with coronavirus distancing rules, so on. I worry about things we have read about in fiction that's is slowly becoming true. I don't think people will stand for it. They are already protesting. That worries me.

There was a protest here in Raleigh, NC today ... they were very vocal, loud and I felt obnoxious. You know how you have your loudmouth in everything. I didn't like seeing protestors screaming, ranting, raving, cursing the nurses and medical people standing there. I thought to myself that one day soon that nurse, doctor might be treating that protestor as they lay dying with the virus.

Not everyone was wearing masks, nor keeping their distance. I worry it's a matter of time. I shouldn't worry about people ... I do.

Today we went to get groceries. We sat in the parking lot to eat our biscuits we got at McDonald's drive-thru. We people-watched as we ate.

So many people didn't have masks on ... and I was alarmed at all the children who didn't have masks on either.

Walmart does good ... everyone did keep their distance from each other. No one on top of the other. Instead of hugging people we used to hug ... now, it's air-hugs. We smile big behind our masks ... our eyes reflect it ... no one can see each other's mouth.

Who would have thought we would be communicating behind masks ... talk, smile behind our masks ... give air-hugs one day?



No comments:

Post a Comment