Monday, April 1, 2024

Crows ... Cooking ... 'On A Wing And A Prayer' (not my words but, my thought)




8:05 am ... April 01, 2024 ... Monday. ... 'On A wing And A Prayer'

I won't play a April Fool's Day joke on anyone today. People through time believed I was serious when I did ... so, I can't carry one off without someone thinking it real. I'm not an April Fool's Day kind of jokester ... anyway. I don't even think I am a jokester. Does it even matter? ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› No-oooooooooooooooooo.

Skip and Camie are ... sleeping! You guessed it! Yes, I am sitting here by their side on the bed until they wake up. I have my warm bedcover pulled over my legs, feet to keep me warm. So, now ... let's see what in the world would I be thinking, talking about this morning? I never know anymore than you do!

I will mention something that fascinates me ... Crows. I have been reading about crows ... how people actually form bonds with crows. I've listened to videos of crows talking by making clicking sounds, even sounds similar to voices. Amazing. I'd always heard crows are very intelligent. They bring gifts ... not necessarily shiny ones ... flowers, little things they pick up.

I looked out the bedroom ๐ŸชŸ window ... I did think the sun was going to shine ... I am not certain now. For a split second I felt that good feeling that happens when I think the sun's coming out. Silly, yes ... who cares? Silly things are important too.

Yesterday ... I made myself proud of ME. I hoped so much to make Skip a wonderful holiday meal. It seems I did! We always share our holiday meals with a friend ... I carried his to him. Not long afterwards ... he called to say that was the best, tender pot roast, vegetables! That's what Skip said too. My Heart felt warm, happy. Oh, Miss Camie loved her little bowl of pot roast with veggies, too! My prayer to make a nice meal for Easter came true!

To all of you wonderful cooks ... your cooking talent comes naturally ... you could cook good even if not in the mood to. I know ... my mother was one of those cooks like you ... the food always came out wonderful, so good!

As for ME ... I have to say prayers hoping mine will! In my mind I am saying 'please let this turn out so good that Skip will love it. Yesterday ... my prayer included our friend loving it too! Imagine ... how good you feel when your prayers are answered ... yep! That's how happy, good I felt! ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ

In my mind ... I can do anything ... including cooking. Truthfully, I can cook good. There's only one thing hindering ME ... that's 'if' I am in the cooking mood. I can cook good but ... rarely have I ever liked to cook. Thank God ... my prayers get answered ... A LOT! This is something you can do naturally, without a lot of thought ... but, I have to pray about prior ... that's just the way it is with this very real person. I love it when I am surprised ... people like it! Not only that ... I am amazed! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ

Skip has been just not feeling good since the laser treatment on his left eye on Friday. He is dreading the eye appointment on Thursday ... he has to get an injection in the same eye. Skip goes through so much ... no one could ever know. I know because I go through all with him being his wife, his caretaker. I can't even begin to tell you the times my Heart hurts for him. 

Skip is like ME ... we are fighters, survivors through our medical crises. Not only that ... we have each other helping to fight, win our battles. Strange ... no matter all the battles you fight, survive ... no one can ever know what you went through ... endured ... to make it. Not unless ... you find yourself in a battle for your life ... if you survive ... then, you know.

Well ... this morning I wrote about crows ... cooking ... surviving. This thought just came to my mind ... 'on a wing and a prayer' (not my words but ... I just thought them ๐Ÿ™ƒ).

I wish for you today that only the kindest of April Fool's Day jokes are played on you ... better yet ... none are played on you. Happy, wonderful colors to you today! ❤๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก❤๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›

Skip Bates Precious Camo Kissy Fairchild Tommy M Sidden 

Photos owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates ... Proof I can cook ... 'if' in the mood! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›




























No comments:

Post a Comment