Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Happy Birthday, Skip! I 'Did A Thang', Yall! How's That For Improvising!?!


Photo owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates  ...


Well ... again I sit here on our bed to write ... same spot, same position. I am waiting for the sun to begin shining, find me ... cover me in a pool of warm, happy light. I find myself waiting each morning for that to happen. There's nothing like writing in a pool of sunshine. 💛💛💛💛💛


I just helped Miss Camie up onto her step, then helped her put her front feet up on the bed ... then nudged her forward gently ... she used her back legs to push herself up onto the bed. My arms stay on either side to protect her. Now, she is ready for her morning nap. 🙂🙃🙂💛💛


Skip is awake. I helped him to get up for a few minutes, then helped him back into bed. I tucked his covers around him making him snug, warm 🙂🙃🙂💛💛


The sun is peeping through the trees now! 🌳 Soon ... it will find me ... all of a sudden pour a big pool of sunshine right here on ME! I love that ... I really love that. The happiness I feel at that moment is very special. Another silly thing about ME ... but, who cares?


So ... 'I did a thang', yall ... I am proud of myself, I really am. It didn't cost money at all, and I made a wish of Skip's come true. He was wishing for a scanner so, he could listen to the Public Safety channel. So much goes on now, here ... we hear sirens all the time ... so many new people have moved here during the past several years.


With many thousands of new people there are some who are going to cause too much excitement in the way of crime, do bad things. There are lots of break-ins, somebody on the run ... such things. Skip wanted to listen to what goes on around him.


I have over a period of months been getting Skip birthday presents (his birthday is May 13th) a little at a time. 🎂 Recently, Skip has begun to worry again ... about not being here, I don't like the word ... dying. Well ... this past weekend I began giving him his birthday presents one at a time. I wanted to cheer him up ... it did, and took his mind off dying.


I gave him a watch with big numbers on it ... a little adult swimming pool (70"  round ... 30" deep) ... very small, yes. I got him another rollator ... so there's one in each vehicle. Also, a digital clock with big numbers so, he can see it. I almost forgot ... a set of walkie talkies so, if I am outside and he isn't... he can speak to me instantly. Not a lot but, I did what I felt would add to his quality of life ... make it better for him. I took a little money, made it go a long ways.


Several days ago Skip was wishing for a scanner. Hearing sirens 🚨 triggered our conversation. I had given him things I knew he'd like to have ... I will hold a bill back ... anything to try to get anything Skip wishes for ... this was something I wished I had known. I would have made sure to get him a scanner to listen to.


I began thinking on how I could afford to get Skip a scanner to go with his birthday gifts. They are very expensive as I recall. An idea began forming in my mind, I was remembering ... putting little bits of information together when all of a sudden I knew what to do! That is if it worked ... I began hunting for what I needed.


I searched everywhere for an old tablet I used to use a few years back ... it was really 'still new'. I searched everywhere high and low ... I couldn't find it. All of a sudden I got up, walked straight to it sitting on a shelf almost in front of me. I grabbed it, began hunting for an extra charger with cable ... I found one in my desk drawer.


I took my tablet, began hunting about scanners online ... I came to a local website with our county's Public Safety channel! I was praying for it to work for me so, I could make this wish of Skip's come true.


It not only worked! It worked perfectly! I with myself did it! 🙂🙃🙂😁😊 ... I pulled the website up on the extra tablet ... wallah! Skip has a scanner listening to what goes on around him! 


It has been on since yesterday working like a charm. Periodically it goes off ... brush fires, someone doing something they shouldn't  ... and such things.


It didn't cost any money at all. One couldn't ask for better reception. I did it, yall 🙃 ... I did it! How is that for improvising?  I think a scanner would cost several hundred dollars or more.


Happy Birthday, Skip! ❤ I love you with my very Heart! I love you, Miss Camie ❤ with my very Heart!





No comments:

Post a Comment