Saturday, April 13, 2024

My Positions In Bed Are Determined By ... What! ... By A What?!


 Photo owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates... my Tommy Dragonfly wind chime.



April 13, 2024 💛 Saturday 💛 7:24 am💛


Good morning. I am of course in my usual writing spot, position ... yes, sitting on the bed beside Skip and Camie while they are sleeping. 


The sun is teasing this morning... it hasn't really begun to shine yet ... when it does I might get to sit in a pool of sunlight while I write. We'll see!


I am not sitting cross-legged this morning ... I have one leg partially stretched out, the other off the bed ... with my foot/heel on the bed frame. Camie has given me room to do that 🙂🙃🙂💛💛 


My positions in bed are determined by Miss Camie, I move accordingly to how she sleeps.


I remember when through the years we had 4 large 🐕  🐕  🐕 🐕 dogs ... of course, they slept on the bed! I mean where else would they sleep, right? This is when we learned how humans sleep with their dogs.


I couldn't rest knowing our Pups weren't close by on the bed. I love sleeping in crazy positions, I love the challenge of trying to find room ... fit my body into bed! I don't mind it at all. Guess what? Both Skip and I feel the same way, always have.


I am not going into 'whys'... nor argue about dogs sleeping on the bed. You can't possibly understand unless you've slept with your dogs. 


Keep this in mind ... your dogs are as clean as you are. I keep a sheet or spread over the bottom half of the bed ...  if it rains, feet are wet during the night, it's okay. I keep it changed frequently. Never no smells, never dirty. Yes, sometimes ... there are dog hairs.


I will tell you this ... if you don't see, have a few dog (pet) hairs ... that may mean you are a lonely person. I'm just saying ... we each live our life with ... without pets. I respect you if you don't.  🙃💛💛


I was just thinking ... it really is challenging, fun ... at times to just see ... how in the world you can fit your body into the bed ... when you have a dog (pet)/dogs. Somehow after all these years I still do it ... I don't mind at all.


Miss Camie will be 11 years old on July 4th ... that's the day I rescued her poor little body off the cold, wet ground. She was almost dead, her body didn't have hair ... I had to almost beg to have her ... I had to wait for a couple of hours while the woman called, asked her husband if ... I could have Camie. He was bringing a shotgun home to kill her.


I never thought to drive to pick her up ... I carried her body going to my knees several times, her body so heavy. I remember praying I could just get her to our gate ... then prayed for God to please help me get her up on our porch. My prayers were answered.


For over a year I nursed Camie back ... our friends helping financially by sending money to me, to the her vet. Especially one friend whom we call Camie's Angel in Australia ... oh my, she loved, cared for Camie, made sure Camie had all the medical help she needed. Camie lives because her Angel made sure she got everything she needed.


Camie's Angel is in our Hearts ... always. I wrote a book in my imperfect way ... called Camie's Angel. Those who have followed, read me for years know I am the first to say my writing, my artwork ... my creations aren't perfect. I always say this ... 'who cares'? I write, create to live, survive.


Oh my, my, my! The sunshine just drenched me in golden pool of light! I am smiling to myself ... I love that! For a moment I was sitting in a golden pool of light.  Now, it isn't as intense ... but, the sun is shining. I wonder if the sun was favoring me with a big, golden smile!


Everyone talked about how I saved Camie ... not many people knew this ... Camie saved ME. I was still in such deep grief over the loss of my son, Tommy. When Camie came into my life ... I focused on her ... we saved each other. It didn't happen overnight ... it took so much time ... we made it through.


Well .. the sunshine picked this moment to shine ... smile on me again. I wonder who else sits, hopes the sun will shine on them at least just for a moment? It means the world to ME. Light, 🌞 🌞 ☀️ ⛅ 🌞 sunshine brightens up my Heart, soul ... gives me hope, comfort all is going to be alright. 


Talking about ... comfort ... I am going to turn the coffeemaker on! It will be a while before Skip will wake up. I can make him a fresh pot of coffee 🙂🙃🙂💛💛 


Coffee is pure, liquid comfort ... it's welcomed with open arms at any time ... good or bad. To ME ... it isn't about the caffeine people want ... to ME ... it's like ... the sunshine. Special! 


Coffee gives ME comfort, hope that all is going to be alright. Like I do with the bright sunshine ... when drinking ☕ coffee (with extra cream now) ... I also, close my eyes to savor the warmth, comfort it brings to ME. 


These are just a few things I hold special in my life ... Skip, Camie ... comfort from sunshine, coffee. Money doesn't buy special comfort as I find in the simplest of things. 


I am so glad I have learned what is so important in Life. I used to think it took only material things to be happy in life. 


Of course, I like material things but ... they are only icing on the cake ... when the cake taste wonderful by itself ... meaning I love myself even without material things ... material things don't define ME ... I am Gloria all on my own.


I sound silly probably to some ... that's okay. Life is like that sometimes. Happy day ... happy colors in your day! ❤💙💚💛❤💜💚💜💛❤











No comments:

Post a Comment