Tuesday, April 16, 2024

It Will Take Some Getting Used To ...

Today has been a getting-use to day for Skip. 

I have been saving for some time to get Skip a recliner, a big, soft one. 

Also, I have saved to get a small L-shape sectional couch. Not new ones, but, like new.

I have been seeing very nice chairs, couches at a low price on Marketplace. Wow ... you can find things like new there. I really am amazed.

I found Skip a recliner like new. We picked it up yesterday, brought it home. Our friend got someone to bring it inside for us.

I managed to get the chair Skip sat in ... outside, up onto the pickup. It was more awkward than heavy. I will take it to the landfill.

I have been taking my time today ... looking at the L-shaped couches people have to sell on Marketplace ... like new, very reasonable. 

Truthfully, it will be nice to have a couch again. I had kept only the loveseat but, over time I wished I'd kept the couch trying to down-size. Now, I want comfort.

Skip has had a time getting used to getting up out of his 'new' chair. Of course, it sits differently making it a little harder for him to get up.

He loves his chair, the soft comfort it offers his body. Skip hurts so much throughout his body, especially his knees. I am so happy I got the chair for him.

The gentleman I bought the chair from didn't want to take my money. I told him I couldn't not pay him. He reached out, took a twenty, told me he would take that ... for me to keep the remaining fifty-five dollars. 

I paid seventy-five dollars for a nice, beautiful chair for Skip.

It touched my Heart so much but, I couldn't walk away with that beautiful chair without paying him. I gave him the remaining money ... thanked him very much. He was so nice.

When we first got there he just felt comfortable talking with us. He'd been through a battle with cancer, surgery. I told him about Skip ... I told him that he and Skip had been through so much. 

He was like Skip and I ... he was a very caring person. He did what we've done in the past ... try to give rather than take money. 

Only, I couldn't take advantage.  I'd saved that money to pay ... and he might have needed it but, his Heart cared so much. I would have worried if I'd not paid him.

I've given many times when I needed ... my Heart would care so much. Caring was more important than the money though I needed it.

So ... now, I am looking for a nice, small L-shaped couch. I will be glad to finally have it ... my body has a lot of pain too. 😊🙃🙂🩷🩷 It will appreciate comfort. 

I always sit in my desk chair ... now, I'm ready to sit on a comfortable couch once I find it, get it home. 

I will probably have to get used to sitting comfortably, too. It will take some time getting used to a new place to sit 🩷🙂🙃😊🩷

Also, Miss Camie will snuggle up to me. I look forward to that!


Photo of 'new' chair for Skip. He really loves it.


No comments:

Post a Comment