Saturday, April 6, 2024

Camie Is Getting Older Now

 


Our precious Camie Leigh Bates ... I rescued her July 04, 2013 ... she rescued ME from my grief losing my only child. We have protected, loved, cared for her all these years. We love her with our very Hearts. Precious Camie 💛 Gloria Faye Brown Bates 💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛




Our Sweet Camie is getting older ... taking her to the vet yesterday brought it home to me more so. 


I have been noticing changes in her for some time ... my Heart feels sad in the sense of all of us getting older ... one day won't be here. 


In the other sense ... I now know she has arthritis,  feels pain causing her to limp at times. 


The vet checked her joints ... he said they felt crunchy. She will be taking a chew daily now ... Movoflex for joint support.


I gave Camie her first chew when we got home ... she didn't want it until I broke it up, put it in with a little tenderloin, gravy. She ate it up.


Now ... she HAS to lose weight. Skip likes to feed her all the time ... out of pure love.


I told Skip NOW ...  is the time not to feed her extras ... that I know he loves her so much, that is why he does it. Anyway, I explained to him every pound lost will make Camie's life much better.


He agreed. Now ... we can work together ... Camie can get trimmer (and ME too, in the process 🩷🙂❤️😊🩷🙃🩷). That will take the extra weight off her joints.


I have been doing a lot of thinking watching Camie lately. My feelings are bittersweet ... that's a word that describes a lot in my life, especially getting older.


I love the word bittersweet ... it is easier to say than to speak of so much bad along with the good in my life. 


I call my life bittersweet ... life full of all the not so good mixed in a cocktail of fleeting happy moments I never seemed to hold onto for long at a time in all my life. 


Regret, sadness, grief ... all emotions a person can possibly feel tossed into the mixture. Sadness ... happiness ... gratefulness ... thankfulness ... smiles ... tears ... love ... anger ... hate ... the list goes on.


Those are some of the ingredients in my cocktail of life ... all mixed into the one word ... bittersweet. 


In this blend of my life ... the mixture is perfect ... to be able to survive my life to ...live, literally live to this very moment in time. 


Looking back especially to the time my son died ... if any one tiny thing had been any different ...at that time I would have ceased existing. 


Life is very fragile ... we never realize that until tragedy strikes ... we learn in the harshest of ways how it feels, what it means when everything is taken from us.


We are stripped of everything we held dear to our Hearts until ... we have nothing left. We have begin all over to learn how to put the pieces of our life back together again. 


We think we do that ... until something happens again scattering the pieces of our life again ... we begin the process over again trying to put some kind of sense back into our life.


So many times, just so, so many times I have put the pieces of Gloria's Life Puzzle back together again ... so many times I have put it together thinking it's okay now ... only for all the pieces to crash to the floor scattering in every direction once again.


Then ... I rethink all the more carefully as I rebuild my life trying to reinforce the weaknesses ... and what happens? My puzzle breaks, scatters all to Hell as I stand, look on all in astonishment ... through my tears, pain.


I have learned through time ... I can't control everything ... because as that old saying goes ... (at least I think that saying goes ... 🙃😊🙂 you all know how I am with old sayings!) ... 'no man lives on an island alone'.  


In my thinking meaning ... we don't control all in our life because of so many people who come, go touching our life in some way. In positive  or negative ways ... turning our lives upside down ... or bringing us such joy. Many outside forces touch our life ... life, death ... we don't control these.


We don't have sole control ... somebody can pass by with the flick of a finger, or blow a puff of air at our puzzle pieces ... to once again scatter all to Hell. 


Someone we love can die ... bringing our world to a screeching halt.

Anything, everything does, will happen ... life is that way.


In my life ... I continually play the role of 'Humpty Dumpty' ... I continually put the pieces of my life back together. In my life ... life has been like that ... it's just the way it has been.


In my life I have really meant to find good in bad ... try to make the bad into good. I have tried so hard to never be a cold, hard person ... a mean, bitter person. 


I want to grow older gracefully as possible ... in my case ... it will be in an imperfect way! 🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🙂😊🙃😊😊🙃🙂


Coming from where I began as a little baby ... coming through the labyrinths of Life ... no guidance ... because if no one knows anything before you ... how can they guide you making life better for a child? How can they protect you when they can't protect themselves?


Generation after generation  ... people teach their children how to prepare for this big, old world. They teach their children good providing them with the tools of life to make their passage much easier. Children grow up without all the bad things that happen to the children who had no guidance.


I was sitting here thinking ... for a baby to grow up, survive all I weathered through all these years ... no guidance, learning the hard way ... I am very fortunate. 


I really am. I learned to forgive many years ago, taking that terrible weight off my shoulders. When you don't learn to forgive ... you travel through life bogged down from hate, anger, resentment. 


It hurts NO ONE ... it hurts only YOU ... when you don't forgive, drop that weight ... you are the only one who suffers while they live their life. Think about it.


Forgiveness was one of the biggest Life lessons I had to learn making me better for it. 


You see, feel better... life is better no matter how hard it is. 


Forgiveness means the power that person had on you is gone. They had power on you without knowing they could cause you grief every day of your life until  ... you forgave.


Wow ... the things I think about 🙂🙃😊🩷🩷 


I am sitting here on the bed beside Skip, Camie like always. I was sitting in my little pool of sunshine, writing until  the sun moved 😊


I just helped Skip sit up in bed ... Camie will be getting up. That's my signal to begin this beautiful day. I just felt such happiness inside ... that's a good feeling!


Happy day full of happy colors to ME ...and to you too! I didn't want to forget wishing ME happy colors, too. I want to share in them, also! 😊🩷🙃🙂❤️🙂🙃🩷😊🩷🩷


 Skip Bates Precious Camo Kissy Fairchild Tommy M Sidden

No comments:

Post a Comment