Sunday, March 3, 2024

Comfort ... Babies ... Love ... Being a Humpty-Dumpty

 7:38 am ... March 3, 2024 ... Sunday


You know where I am ... yes, sitting here in my little world ... sitting cross-legged on the bed under my warm covers. 


I am touching both Skip Bates Skip and Precious Camo Kissy Fairchild Camie as they sleep.My leg touching Camie ... my side touching Skip. This moment my world is alright.


I look out the bedroom window ... I thank God for these times when our life is calm ... not in chaos, fear, upset. For the moment everything is ... alright. What a wonderful feeling. For those whose life is always perfect you couldn't possibly understand ... I hope you never have to.


Ah ha! I just remembered... I turned Mr. Coffee on a little while ago! That means I can run to get me a cup of pure comfort to enjoy as I sit here writing, thinking ...looking out the bedroom window... sharing my thoughts with you. Be right back! A cup of coffee with extra cream, no sugar, please!


I am back! The coffee taste so wonderful! I love to drink it for the pure warmth, happiness it gives. Doesn't matter if it's caffeinated or decaffeinated ... it's not about caffeine to me. I think it's sort of like a little baby wanting its bottle ... once the baby gets its bottle you begin to hear the sweet, contented sounds ... because it's being fed, comforted at the same time.


I love to watch on YouTube videos of babies ... I've never been around many babies ... they fascinate me. How precious they are. I love to watch their little hands, fingers curl up when they get their bottles. Their little eyes reflect them in another world as they find comfort in getting their hunger taken care of ...  they sound so sweet, spoiled as they suckle their bottle.


I found myself closing my eyes as I sipped my coffee ... savoring the taste, warmth as I drank it. I am always glad when I drink coffee all is calm around me ... it isn't always the case in my life. 


Like Humpty-Dumpty in a sense ... I monitor my little world ... if a little piece of begins to fall ... I run to push it back into place. I am constantly paying attention ... even if I don't appear to be. 


My little world can be very fragile at times ... I try to prevent things from happening to cause it to fall apart. If, and at times it does fall apart ... I run picking up the pieces putting them back where they belong as quickly as I can.

Why?


My world is all I have, it means everything to me. Skip and Camie, the people who are closest to us ... I love them with my very Heart. That's real life ... my life ... what makes me tick ... gives me purpose. Real people ... real Pup 🐶... not material things. 


Growing up it was about who had the most. I see it is the same generation after generation until one day after many life lessons, many falls in life ... we learn what Life is truly about. Of course there are many who never learn ... thankfully ... many, many people do learn ... we learn Life is about real people, real feelings, caring, giving, love. 


Just plain, simple loving, caring ... this comes from inside each of us. It doesn't cost anything. Something in the back of my mind said ... but ... love can be bought ... I won't touch that subject as it doesn't pertain to what I am talking about. 


I don't knock anyone for selling their love ... it's there whether we like it or not. It's up to each to choose what they want in their life. I won't argue it ... I pick, choose the battles I'll fight, think worthy of getting into. 


Whether you like it ... I like it ... people do what they have to do, what they think best for them. I am not going to sit in judgment ... it's not my right nor place to. I focus on my own life.


I have friends in all walks of life ... they aren't perfect ... some really aren't close to it at all ... I still like, love, care for them. Why? Because they all have cared about me by saying something kind, opening a door ... lift something for me ... things like that, helping me ... when they never had to. 


They never had to see ME as a person but, they did. That's most special in life when someone can care for you when to begin with ... you weren't anyone special to them ... they didn't know you. I care like that for people. Another thing ... I respect people no matter what, who they are ... even people I truly dislike. I know how to go my way, never let them into my life. I know how to say ... no!


You won't ever find me sitting, standing around tearing someone's character to shreds either ... you won't see, hear any gossip coming from me. I see it all the time when I am in a store, out and about. 


Yesterday I saw, heard 2 women standing close to each other talking so viciously about another woman ... they had that familiar gleam that all gossipers have in their eyes ... you can recognize it a mile away. They were in for the kill. 


I grew up in this sort of thing ... women can be very vicious with their sweet little smiles, pretending to like someone until ... they've found all the weaknesses of another person's life ... then ... they proceed to destroy them using the weaknesses as powerful ammunition. 


They don't care if they break up homes with children ... because they want someone's man, wife ... that's all that matters. To Hell with other people's feelings, it's all about them. They never give the little children any thought at how their actions will affect their lives growing up. Sex and money will make people do ugly things ... 


Okay ... I hear Skip yawning ... he reached out to pat me on the shoulder 🙂🙃🙂❤❤💜💚 I was beginning to travel down crazy roads writing, thinking this morning ... who knows where we would have ended up. Well, it's time for me to park my writing mobile. Happy day, everyone!  ❤❤❤❤❤


Photos, artwork by me ... owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates.  Sometimes Life is just crazy ... I'm not sure 'why I selected these photos to go with what I wrote! 🙂🙃🙂❤❤❤❤❤ These are doodles I did looking at drawings online ...







No comments:

Post a Comment