Saturday, March 16, 2024

Silence Is Golden ... Fabric Shower curtain


Silence Is Golden ... Fabric Shower Curtain


8:57 am ... March 16, 2024 ... Saturday


I have never thought about why silence is associated with the color of gold until this very moment. 


I was wondering for a moment ... why? Then, it came to me ... silence is special at times ... valued, treasured ... like gold. My Gloria opinion ... I could be right, I could be wrong.


I was just thinking about what color is chaos, terrible noise? How would I paint the color if I had to. The colors orange, black, yellow streaks came to my mind ... all going in crazy ways. Not my colors for sure. Too loud, not pretty at all.


Do you ever think about colors to your life besides wearing them? I am thinking most of the time about what color something is depending on mood, how one goes about doing it. Oh my, do I sound crazy? I promise you I'm not crazy ... I just like to think about things in different ways ... good ways. Maybe just to entertain myself 🙂🙃🙂💚💜💚


Colors speak to me at times ... like in the way I once bought a shower curtain. I only had a white plastic shower curtain for several years in the shower ... why? I truly couldn't decide what color, design to get in a fabric curtain. Boring, I know but, at least the white wasn't driving me crazy.



Well ... one day I walked by fabric shower curtains not paying them any mind ... when I stopped, backed up to take a closer look at one shower curtain that caught, held my attention. 


The shower curtain wasn't loud with bold colors ... it was the softest of green, olive green, a little darker green ... rose pink all on white fabric. The design made me think of leaves falling in a sense ... the whole curtain made me feel calm, happy inside. At the same time it felt ... elegant.  I fell in love with the curtain, designs.


I thought I would really like to have it but, knew by the feel of the material, design ... the curtain would be very expensive.  It also, had the fancy bronze double hooks that allow one to hang both plastic liner and ... the fabric curtain!


I knew I couldn't afford to pay that much for it so, I began walking away. I really was wishing to have that shower curtain ...the soft colors,  design appealed to me like none I'd seen in so long. Silly ME ... felt sad to have to leave it behind.


I don't know 'why ... something made me turn back, look at the price tag on the fabric shower curtain.


I didn't have my reading glasses with me so, I knew the price I was seeing wasn't right. $7.99 ... I thought it was probably $17.99 at the least. I looked even closer ... it still looked like $7.99 but, I knew it couldn't be. I walked off again, quickly turned back, picked the package up ... hugged it! Suppose it really was $7.99!


I knew at the counter I didn't have to purchase it if it was way more. Even $17.99 at that time was too much for me.


When the cashier rang it up I was prepared to tell her I wasn't buying it ... it was on the tip of my tongue. Tip of my tongue ... now, that's something to think about! Not now ... I have the price of the shower curtain on my mind.


The register rang up ... $7.99!!! My 👄 mouth fell into a happy, happy smile! I went home with that beautiful shower curtain. Every time I look at it .. I feel such a quiet happiness inside.


Colors ... colors do play a lot of importance in one's life, especially mine. Colors can lift one's spirits. I need colors to survive. Colors are important as the air I breathe. I  bet you are the same way. I am happy with my shower curtain 💚💜💚






No comments:

Post a Comment