Tuesday, March 5, 2024

If I Could Remove The Nose ... I Could Trim The Mustache Right

 


Photo owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates ... we still have our vehicles we bought when almost new years ago. 




5:45 am ... Tuesday ... March 05, 2024


Oh my, the warmth sure does feel good on my cold feet! I just got back into bed ... I have been standing in front of the mirror combing, brushing my hair. I must have stood there longer than I thought.


Why was I doing that? I'm on a mission to make my hair look more fluffier, prettier, healthier. I have a good start. I can't keep my hands out of my own hair 😆🙂🙃🙂😆 Truly, it has been so long that I have really cared ... for now ... I am caring once again.


Yesterday Skip got his hair, mustache, beard trimmed. Oh my, how handsome he looks. 


In fact, at the barber shop I thought he looked so darn nice that before I knew it ... I had put my hand under his chin gently shaking it, saying, "you look so darn handsome!" Everyone began laughing ... they seemed to love that ... so, I didn't feel so embarrassed at my impulsive action! I did it before thinking! 🙂🙃🙂😆😆 He was just too cute!


I am going to say in all honesty ... I thought I could be a good barber. Well ... with training I know I could be. BUT ... we know I'm not going to do that so ... the truth is ... unless there's a way to remove the nose long enough for ME to trim the mustache ... then, put the nose back ... have a clipper that automatically cuts hair evenly, perfectly by itself ... oh, and shape up the beard automatically ... I'm not going to cut it as a barber!


The COVID days ... the years we lost so much time being isolated ... affected people in many ways. I found out I wasn't the only person playing being a barber at home. 


So ... yesterday begins Skip getting his hair, beard done right again ... after several years it is over being time enough for him to return to the barber shop. He hasn't felt well from the eye injection ... going to the barber shop lifted his spirits. Oh! And mine too! 


I feel such relief to pass that job back to a professional. I hope not to be a barber again ... I can fool the eye ... but, that's all it is ... fooling the eye long enough to get by! 😉☺🙂🙃🙂 Skip Bates 


Skip thinks I can do most anything! 😉😉😉 He has so much faith, trust in me. Do you know ... that's an honor. That's why I try to do things I've never done ... for example, I replaced the heating element in our stove ... it works perfectly. 


Skip pays attention when I am attempting to do something I'm not sure I can do ... he doesn't know it but, that makes me more determined to succeed, not disappoint him. I will say 9 out of 10 times I succeed ... but ... I never let him know how close to failure I was ...or almost giving up. He always says, "I knew you were going to do it".


I can't let him down 🙂🙃🙂 I have to say the feeling I get from doing something and accomplishing is ... intoxicating! Oh my, I am on Cloud Nine! I love the feeling of ... I did it! I can't believe I did it! Oh my, my, my! I take deep breaths of pure relief as I smile so big!


I just looked out the bedroom window ... daylight is peeping through the trees. I wonder if it's still raining, it was a little while ago.


When I write I disappear from reality ... getting absorbed into my thoughts as I try to express them. Like now ... as I softly land back into my own reality ... I hear Skip softly snoring ... Precious Camo Kissy Fairchild Camie is breathing softly. ... I hear that wonderful, soft and airy sound from the heat being on. I am yawning ... for a moment I thought about just closing my eyes, snuggle under my warm covers, go back to sleep! Too much to do, so, I won't. 


Just know when I write ... I write Gloria's Way ... my sentences are longer than should be, sometimes, I might recreate my words to be what I want them to be. It truly doesn't matter ... I write ✍ the way I talk ... we know I haven't ever claimed to be perfect so, it's alright. 


I am aware I was taught differently in school. I think to myself ... how in the world can I write, be myself IF I don't break all the rules?! I don't mind breaking rules anytime as long as I never hurt anyone, nor place them in jeopardy. 


So, I am a 'good' rule-breaker I love breaking rules in a good, positive way. If I need to cross over the boundary of good rule-breaking into the bad ... I will do that too ... in order to save, protect, help. 


That's where rules made are to be broken ... suppose someone was in a burning building screaming for help ... there's a sign saying 'Private Property. .. No Trespassing'. Would I stand there, obey that sign? What do you think knowing ME, Gloria? I am a for-real rule-breaker and ... I like it 🙂🙃🙂🤗🤭 I am sure you are too!


I was looking just now at the sky ... so gray, gloomy. For a moment I almost gave in to letting it pull me down. As quickly as that thought entered my mind ... I smiled, thought 'No! No! No!' I don't have extra time to revel in the mud puddles of Life.


I see Miss Camie is awake as she scoots herself tight to my outstretched leg. I placed my hand on her, began patting her. Gracious,  I am yawning once again. 


No, I'm not going back to sleep no matter how tempting it is. I can hardly see for the water in my eyes ... my yawns are protesting now, because I won't just give in, lay down ... close my eyes and just let precious sleep overcome me.


Thoughts of spring-cleaning, getting our little outside space pretty, planting flowers, cleaning both pickup, Expedition. .. doing projects that make all look nicer have just come into my mind. 


I didn't do anything but, keep all neat since Skip's surgery on his head. I want him to go outside, sit at the table ... enjoy the air as he talks to me while I work. I have so much to catch up on. I want to rearrange the chairs, table, grill, and firepit to look pretty ... you know how it is ... spring is around the corner ... we do those things to celebrate its return.


I want to do ... I want to do ... I want .......


My photo of pickup, Expedition ... I want to thoroughly clean the interiors.

No comments:

Post a Comment