Monday, March 25, 2024

Just Thinking Real Thoughts

 



 
Photo, artwork owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates... I saw this drawing online a long time ago ... I wanted to draw it.



8:48 am 💛 March 25, 2024 ... Monday


This was the fastest weekend. In fact, Sunday came before I knew it ... I was still living in Saturday 😊ðŸĪ—😊 What can I say? I really think time has speeded up! It's amazing to be living in one day while living in ... yesterday! ðŸĪĢ😂ðŸĪŠðŸĪ—🙂🙃🙂


Seriously, before I confuse all of us ... once in a while a day will slip by unnoticed... one wonders where it went. I think it's a human thing ... not just a Gloria thing 🙃


Skip is growing his beard back. He has wanted to for the longest. I didn't let him. Why?


After his surgery for the longest time his beard was very dry ... brittle, it didn't  feel silky-soft anymore. It wouldn't have been pretty at all if I'd let him begin growing it.


If you will notice when you see Skip he is very well groomed .. if not there is a reason for it.  Right now you will see a scruffy start to growing his beard back. That's okay because his beard feels beautiful again. It took months but, I did it.


I began using Argan oil ... Moroccan oil on it each morning when giving Skip his bath. The different things I used didn't work. The Argan oil does a nice job. I faithfully massaged it in each morning, still do.


I also, put it on his hair ... Skip would say, "what hair?" 🙃 Do you know I think he's grown a few extra hairs ... I really do. Time will tell. Anyway ... the oil is doing exactly what I hoped. Not only that he now has someone to be his barber. A Real barber ... not me! I did my best.


I am going to have to get someone professionally do nails for his feet, hands eventually. My hands hurt no matter what I do making it hard for me to groom his nails like they should be. Skip has diabetes, one can't take a chance of cutting his skin, causing infection.


Getting a little older changes a person in different ways. I see it in my hands, feel it in my hands. I have always done so much with my hands because ... they have to be continuously... busy. I don't have idle hands ... if you see them still ... I'm sick.


I was gazing out the bedroom window admiring the beautiful blossoms on a tree in the distance. The sun is shining on it making it even more beautiful. I was looking at the shadows on the grass. Shadows, silhouettes fascinate me, capture my attention.  Don't ask me why ... they just do.


Yes, you know I am sitting on the bed beside Skip and Camie. .. they both are getting their beauty sleep. Each morning I think Skip will begin getting up early like he always did ... not for several weeks he hasn't.  I'm in amazement at how drastically his sleeping habits have changed. It doesn't seem in a negative way.


I keep a close eye on him to make sure he is okay medically. He seems to be fine, he is just enjoying sleeping late. Once in a great while I want to sleep extra.


I just walked through the house to get a cup of coffee ☕ I was listening as I walked into the living room to the tv. WRAL channel 5 ... the news is on ... it answered questions I had in thinking we needed a land line phone in case of emergencies.


Well ... no land lines in the future for anyone. They are being phased out. To know more details just Google it. Some people's land lines have quit working and ... not being fixed. Well, my own questions are answered so, I won't waste more time in checking them out.


I did notice you can get them when I called ... just no one mentioned that land lines will use the same things as cellphones. No point in that. Anyway, I won't bother to explain something I know nothing about. Google it to get answers to your questions.


This weekend I moved an ottoman cutting my finger. It was a nasty cut, deep. I washed, cleaned it ... applied a bandage. It is so sore, the good thing it seems to be healing well. I am taking that ottoman to the landfill.


I pay close attention to Camie ... I noticed she was trying to jump on the loveseat ... the ottoman made it harder for her to do so. Once I moved the ottoman out of the way she did better, not perfectly but, better. She is finding it hard to jump up now. I may begin using her step at the loveseat in the daytime ... at nights ... use it to help her up on the bed.


I appreciate having more room in the living room. I should take my art tables down to make extra room. They are a part of ME ... when I want to create. I may not take them down. I should take my old desk out of the living room ... my computer, printer sits on it. Tommy, my son, bought me my computer before he died ... so, I won't take the desk out yet. My computer is a link to my son.


I should do a lot of things I am behind on ... are you like that? I am going to get both interiors, exteriors cleaned on our vehicles.  We are way, way overdue on that because of all that's happened to Skip. As long as we stay on an even keel I will gradually catch up on everything. If he becomes sick ... I will drop everything again to focus on just him, Camie ... go back to just keeping all neat until I can do better.


Real Life ... real Life is what I live. You've read very real thoughts of mine this morning as I sit here beside Skip, Camie sleeping. My life goes into action once they wake up ... beginning with Skip's bathing. Camie did eat her breakfast earlier before going back to bed. She stays by Skip's side. So do I. ❤❤❤


I see Skip is waking up ...9:55 am. Now ... at the sound of Skip's voice, Camie just woke up. Time to go into action 🙂🙃🙂❤❤ I wish you all only the happiest of colors today.


Skip Bates Precious Camo Kissy Fairchild Tommy M Sidden

No comments:

Post a Comment