Sunday, March 17, 2024

Today ... I Will Become A Picnic Table Fixer!

 






I worked 2 days clearing all the grass that had grown everywhere in this little area. I discovered the picnic table needs to be repaired! Wish me luck because today I become ... a picnic table fixer upper 🙂🙃🙂💜💚💜 Photos owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates 



8:09 am ... March 17, 2024 ... Sunday

I worked in our little yard for 2 days ... I pulled a ton of grass, weeds up that grew on top of the bricks I put down several years ago.

When I began to move the picnic table ... I discovered the screws were completely loosened up underneath. Today ... I will try my hand at being a picnic table fixer. I hope, believe I can d0 it.

Skip Bates Skip enjoyed watching the yard transform. He is looking forward to coming outside, having a cookout, roasting marshmallows, hotdogs. 

For the past 2 years I haven't worked in our yard. Skip was just too bad off for me to walk outside, work in the yard. 

This time, this Spring ... he can use his walker, move around. Can you even imagine how thankful I am he can do that?

Precious Camo Kissy Fairchild  Camie loved getting her yard cleared of all the grass that had grown. I watched her as I worked ... she would dig in the sand ... then lay in it. She checked out where I transplanted flowers. She was all over the yard 🩷🩷🩷

Through the night when I would wake up to help Skip and Camie ... I was thinking how to approach fixing the picnic table.

I think I will put the table top flat on the ground (the top of it facing the ground) ... then put the frame upside down onto it ... play it by ear ... hopefully, when it is turned upright once again ... it will be fixed solid. 

I hope to take the next photo of it with a proud smile on my face ... and with the umbrella in it 🩷🩷🩷 That would mean I successfully ... fixed the picnic table!

Oh, has anyone tried painting their picnic table umbrella? Tell me if you have. For the past year I have had it in my mind to paint ours. 

People really do that ... our umbrellas are in perfect condition ... but, the sun has taken it's toll on the actual umbrella material. 

Can you tell I am happy I can go outside, Skip can too! and work in our little yard, plant flowers, vegetables. 

Skip will get to sit in his chair and water them ... he always loved to water our flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment