Saturday, March 2, 2024

Deathly Ill ... You Can See, Hear, Smell ... Strange But True


 


Precious Camo Kissy Fairchild Camie came inside a short time ago ... she was soaking wet! We aren't up yet so, I didn't know it was still raining.


I grabbed her big, fluffy towel ... began vigorously rubbing her down to dry her fur. Then ... I hugged her, helped her up on the bed where she snuggled up under her little, colorful quilt. She is sleeping peacefully now.


Camie is older now ... in the past several months I am noticing things she isn't quite able to do as well. Of course at times, she stills jumps, flips around like a puppy. I have to help her just like I help Skip now.


Of course again ... you know where I am ... yes, right here beside both Skip Bates  Skip and Camie. Skip is softly snoring, sleeping peacefully,  also.


Skip never feels well for the first several days after getting injections in his eyes ... especially when there's hemorrhaging. It affects his vision drastically.  Also, the pain ... I give him Tylenol to help.


My Hearts hurts for Skip all the time. He is limited in all the things he used to do with ease ... now, all is a struggle. I try very hard to make everything he does easier. 


I am always imagining how he must feel, think when he has the not so good days. I've never forgotten the years I was incapacitated ... fighting to get well enough to just be able to get out of bed. 


I wanted so much to move fast, run, walk, do things like I always did. My body was weakened by the medicines, surgeries ... from Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Also, we didn't know I'd recover. Skip knew I would ... he never gave up on me. Even when my oncologist told me she couldn't guarantee I would make it. 


No matter how out of the world I was from the powerful, potent medicines, my illness ... I can remember being in such a medicated fog ... I still had thoughts. 


My body wouldn't work as well ... no matter how ill I was ... I still had some kind of thought process going on. I remember fleeting thoughts from back then ... nothing ... then ... becoming aware ... then nothing.


That's why I know with certainty... no matter if someone is deathly ill ... please don't say negative things within ear shot of them. They can ... will hear you. Not only that ... they can smell you. They might not can actively speak, see or look at you ... but, they know things.


One flash-back comes to mind ... I was in the hospital having had major surgery to save my life ... I wasn't in this world but ... somehow I could see things that happened. 


I saw my favorite, little brother only for a brief moment as he turned, crying very much, walking out the door. He must have been standing by my bedside maybe talking to me, trying to make me hear him. That must be the reason I became aware briefly enough to see him. I couldn't tell him I see you! I love you! Please come back! I was there ... but ... I wasn't. I was gone after that.


I was trapped in the world where only my thoughts floated through the air ... sometimes strangely ... like little banners, sometimes big banners ... fleeting thoughts. I could see, hear, smell ... but, I wasn't here in our world ... I think I was like on the other side. I will try to describe it ...


Do you know how you can walk by a big window ... you can't see in ... you don't realize a hundred people could be on the other side ... looking back out at you. You think you are alone ... but, you aren't.  I wonder about this when I think of death.


Do you know how sometimes you can almost see someone on the other side of a one way mirror ... you know ... they almost come into focus? Sometimes you can see someone plainer than other times ... you can see shapes in the background. 


I have always wondered if that is similar to ... the other side because ... we all have experienced seeing very strange things in our life, including myself. 


Maybe ... just maybe ... that's how the ... other side ... works. We know I'm not an expert on this just because for some time my life was on the cusp of living, dying. I will say this ... I can still remember things ... I have also, had my strange experiences through time. Very rare do I speak of them. 


Some things are too special, amazing ... such you don't want to actually speak of. Things I think maybe meant for me, you to see, know. You've had such to happen to you, I'm sure.


My little world is still sleeping ... I am sitting here appreciating the soft sounds my little world is making at the moment ... the soft, airy hum of the heat being on ... that sound could lull me to ๐Ÿ˜ด sleep. 


I just heard Camie begin her very soft  snoring sounds ... mixed with Skip's soft snores ... they could make a song ... a snore song! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™‚❤๐Ÿ’›❤๐Ÿ’›❤


I am so fortunate to have a warm place to call home, to have two souls who love me as much asI love the ... Skip and Camie ... to have friends. I have so much to be grateful for ... I am every moment thankful, grateful.


I just had a thought ... Mr. Coffeemaker! I would like to hear the soft, gurgling sounds it makes ... meaning I must go turn it on! You would think I am a big coffee drinker the way I speak about coffee. I might not be but ... I love it as much as the biggest coffee drinker does ... why? You know! Because to ME ... it's pure comfort in a cup ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™‚❤๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ❤๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ

No comments:

Post a Comment