Friday, March 1, 2024

Little Things Are Big Things ...

 


Photo taken, owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates July 2022.



7:22 am ...


Skip Bates Skip and Precious Camo Kissy Fairchild Camie are asleep ... I don't have to tell you where I am at because you already know ... but ... I will 🙂🙃🙂❤❤ I am sitting here on the bed beside them until they wake up for the day.


Why do I stay by their side? I am always watching over them. I try to always be there when they need me ... I love them ... I just can't get up, go into the other part of the house, leaving them asleep. 


Something could happen ... how well I know that ... life-threatening things can happen in a split second. They have happened ... I can't tell you how frightening that can be ... oh my.


I think when I'm close by I can prevent, deter, keep them safe. Am I maybe ... a little over-protective? I am but, not in a way Skip, Camie notices. I am just ME ... I am just there doing ME ... but, always aware if all is okay in my little, precious world.  


I can't tell you how I suffered mentally when Skip took that bad, life-threatening fall the night in February 2023 ... having surgery to save his life the day before my birthday on February 14th. 


I was asleep when Skip got up to go to the bathroom by himself. He was supposed to wake me ... he didn't.  He had just had an injection in his eye ... just like yesterday. He fell in the bathroom backwards striking his head on the cabinet. I woke up hearing the noise as the bathroom is beside the bedroom.


No matter how hard I try to protect my little world I know well ... things can, still will happen. It's called Life ... life happens. I can be there doing my very, very best to keep my beloved world ... Skip, Camie safe ... things can happen beyond my control.


Today we are going to Sam's Club to pick up Camie's big bag of dry dog food ... get her some treats. I told Skip to find something he would like ... he said he'd like a bottle of men's cologne. 


He is beginning to take interest in such things again. These past years since 2016 when Skip begin having strokes, heart, kidney problems I have kept him looking nice, smelling nice just like before he was sick. I'm glad to see him mention cologne ... I will make sure he gets it. He hasn't cared all this time ... he didn't have to ... I cared for him.


Happiness in my world are the smallest of things ... such as a little bottle of cologne Skip said he'd like to have ... that made me happy because he is the one who decided he would like that. It's been a long time since that's happened  ... years.


Little things are big things to me ... I have went from having everything I wanted to ... having nothing through time. 


My life got harder and harder ... it took that to make me very happy over the smallest of things that maybe you take for granted ... like I used to. I can't ever take anything for granted ... I know Life has a way of changing things up.


Skip is awake now ... it's bath time. Camie will wake up as soon as I begin moving around ... she knows her breakfast will be soon ❤❤❤❤❤


Happy day to all of us ... that means you ... us 🙂❤🙂❤🙂 I love this photo I took some time ago ... the cloud looks like a Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment